Seattle Public Schools
Volunteer Application and Forms
• Don't have a volunteer opportunity lined up yet? Visit our district volunteer opportunities page.
• For questions about volunteer opportunities at a specific location, and to inquire about the status of your volunteer application, contact your school directly.
SPS partnered with VolunteerLocal last school year to move our volunteer application process online. In addition to saving the environment and education funds, our online onboarding system offers many benefits to school volunteers:
• You can apply to multiple schools at the same time.
• Google tools translate forms into 100+ languages (look for "Select Language" link above).
• The application is accessible to community members with disabilities.
THANK YOU for helping us save 114,000 sheets of paper last school year - that's 14 trees!
Experiencing technical difficulties? Review these tips:
1. Do not exit the browser immediately after submitting your application. Wait for the next page to load & check if corrections are needed. A "thank you" page will indicate that your application was submitted successfully, followed by an automatic email confirmation.
2. File size limits: 10MB per file and 20MB total. Each file you attach must be under 10MB. If needed, submit two files at first, then use a link in your confirmation email to add more.
3. Using a smartphone to apply? VolunteerLocal recommends a device with a larger screen and the Google Chrome browser.
Submit your application and all required documents at least 2 weeks before expected volunteer service start date.
Volunteering on a field trip? Main Volunteer Application and Chaperone Form are required.
Thank you for helping us create safe learning environments! We look forward to the difference your volunteer service will make in the lives of students and school communities.
Please note - if you applied online last school year and your school approved the application, you are all set to volunteer in the current school year.