Seattle Public SchoolsOnline Volunteer Application & Forms for Volunteers
SPS is partnering with VolunteerLocal to move our volunteer application process online. In addition to saving the environment and education funds, our online onboarding system offers many benefits to school volunteers:
• You can apply to multiple schools at the same time.
• Google tools translate forms into 100+ languages (look for "Select Language" link above).
• The application is accessible to community members with disabilities.
• No need to copy documents - simply attach them to your application. If you are unable to use this feature, please present your documents to the school office staff.
• Your approved online application will be valid for two years and retained for as long as you are active with SPS.
Submit your complete application at least 2 weeks before expected volunteer service start date.
Volunteering on a field trip? Main Volunteer Application and Chaperone Form are required.
Experiencing technical difficulties? Review these tips:
1. Do not exit the browser immediately after submitting your application. Wait for the next page to load & check if corrections are needed. A "thank you" page will indicate that your application was submitted successfully, followed by an automatic email confirmation.
2. Make sure you are using an updated browser. VolunteerLocal recommends Chrome.
3. Not sure if your files attached? Submit the form and review its contents in your profile link you'll receive via email immediately after applying (check your "junk", "spam" or "updates" folders).
4. Using a smartphone to apply? We recommend using a device with a larger screen.
For questions about available volunteer opportunities or status of your volunteer application, contact the school or site where you would like to volunteer. School links are available here: http://bit.ly/spsschools
Thank you for helping us create safe learning environments! We look forward to the difference your volunteer service will make in the lives of students and school communities.