Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
1. First name *
2. Last name/Family name *
3. Phone number *
A full 10-digit phone number (for example: 555-123-1234, (555) 123-1234, 555.123.1234, etc)
4. Types of field trips you will be participating in as a volunteer driver *
5. I am older than 21 years of age *
By law, after you move to Washington (WA) you have 30 days to get your WA driver license. If you live in WA but use another state's license, you must secure a WA license before applying to drive SPS students.
6. I have a valid Washington State driver's license. *
7. Upload a photo of your WA driver's license here, unless it is already attached to your main volunteer application. Alternatively, you can present your license to school office staff so they can review it in person.
8. Driver's license number *
9. License expiration date *
10. If you live in another state and have a valid driver's license from that state, upload it here.
VEHICLE AND INSURANCE
11. Maximum number of students to be transported in volunteer’s vehicle: *
12. Vehicle year *
13. Vehicle make *
14. Vehicle model *
15. License plate number *
16. I have had no vehicle moving violations or at-fault accidents within the last three years. *
17. If you answered "false" please list and describe each violation
18. I carry minimum auto liability limits of $300,000 combined single limit of liability (or $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury; $50,000 Property Damage) and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. *
Please note above coverage minimums are required. We are unable to approve your application if you currently are not insured at these levels.
19. Name of Insurance Company *
20. Insurance policy number *
21. I am aware that, in the event of an accident while on a school related activity, any claims will be tendered to my personal automobile insurance company, and my insurance is primary. *
22. There is a working seat belt for the driver and age-appropriate passenger restraints for each passenger, and I enforce the use of passenger restraints by all occupants of my vehicle. *
23. My vehicle's brakes, including the emergency brake, are in good working order. *
24. My vehicle's tires have legal tread depth (at least 3/32"). *
25. My vehicle's brake lights, turn indicators, and headlights are in good working order. *
26. My vehicle's windows are clear and provide an unobstructed view for the driver. *
27. My vehicle has functioning rear view mirrors (center and left side). *
28. My vehicle has no other physical defects that would interfere with the safety of the driver and passengers. *
29. My vehicle has a rated capacity of ten passengers or less. *
30. If my vehicle has dual airbags, I will not seat children under 13 or small persons in front passenger seat. *
31. I will not transport students in a motor home, fifth-wheel trailer, cargo compartment of a van or truck bed. *
For volunteers who will drive for more than one day in a school year, including all overnight field trip volunteer drivers.
If you volunteer to drive for an overnight trip, or plan on driving for more than one day trip in a year, you will need to provide your driving records.
Visit WA Dept. of Licensing website to request your full driving records. Please copy and paste the following link in a browser window for instructions: https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/drivingrecord.html
32. I have purchased my full driving records from the Department of Licensing. *
33. Upload your driving records document here, or present it to school office staff so they can add it to your records.